The awareness of the interplay between the mind and body and the breath differentiates yoga from most popular western forms of exercise.
It is particularly relevant to modern living; it is the training of the body to be healthy and free from disease and of the mind to be disciplined, clear and attentive.
- Increased flexibility
- Increased muscle strength and tone
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism
- Weight reduction
- Cardio and circulatory health
- Improved athletic performance
Protection from injury
Yoga’s incorporation of meditation and breathing can help improve a person’s mental well-being.
- Mental clarity and calmness
- Increase body awareness
- Relieve chronic stress patterns
- Relax the mind
- Focus attention
- Sharpen concentration