We will go on an experiential journey together in a beautiful, yet rugged natural landscape. Professionally facilitated in a remote and private wilderness property, the location is around a 2 hour drive from the Gold Coast, or 90 minutes inland from Brisbane.
We will experience a variety of workshops, involving ‘breath-work’, cold exposure, and other modalities. Our self-enquiry is set around a theme of ‘The 4 Male Archetypes’.
The Importance of self-enquiry
You may have heard quotes relating to, “Know thyself”.
Here are a few of them:
“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom” – Aristotle
“Knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.” – Lao Tzu
“Do thine own work, and know thyself” – Plato
Check out this video of our 3 Questions Men's Retreat which was held in September 2020 at The Rock.
Our crew’s combined experience of many years of doing our own ‘inner work’ tells us that if we do not examine the feelings and reasons behind our own behaviours and experiences of life, we will forever be condemned to a life of either numbness, or uncontrolled over-reactivity to normal situations and emotions. Or both!
Our crew are not gurus. We are normal men, who have all experienced our own challenges and have benefited from experiences like ‘The 4 Archetypes Men’s Retreat’.
Our mission is to share what has worked for us, because we know just how beneficial such exploration and support can be. We have felt all manner of human experiences. Numbness, being out of control, confused, depressed, anxious and all things in between. We still do experience such challenges at times, but knowledge of self and a great support network helps us to find our way out quicker. We want to offer that to you.
We offer this experience and mentorship outside amongst nature, to help to shine a gentle light onto your blind spots, with a group of supportive men.
It really does take a village to raise a man, and at the same time you have to have the experience of what you need for yourself. Nobody can fix you. Wisdom comes from felt experiences and can lead to self-understanding and greater ease in life. Knowing oneself is powerful for all men.
What’s the benefit of seeing ‘blind-spots?’
Only when you can see your own blind spots can you have sovereignty over them. Awareness of such can lead to greater mastery of your life and therefore a greater connection to yourself and to your family.
It is our experience that knowledge of the self and then integration, and acceptance of the troubled parts of us, enables the ability to serve oneself fully, as well as to serve others fully.
What exactly are the 4 Archetypes?
The 4 Jungian archetypes are said to represent the 4 major components of what makes up a healthy mature masculine psyche. As part of your registration for this event you gain access to our online materials and workshops which explain these archetypes in more depth. The following will give you some insights into what each archetype represents:
- Is your inner King trustworthy, grounded and does he have enough for himself so he may provide for his community?
- Does your inner Warrior feel his wild spirit enough, such that he has inner steadiness, and strength to be decisive or fight the good fight when required?
- Is your inner Magician dedicated to his craft or mission and free to create something from nothing as a force for good?
- Does your inner Lover embody his vastness to express love fully, without fear of rejection?
- During the 4 Archetypes you will have time, space and facilitated guidance to unwind, gain insights and connect with your inner wisdom.
We invite you to join us on ‘The 4 Archetypes Men’s Retreat’.
The 4 Archetypes Men’s Retreat at a Glance:
- Facilitated workshops by an experienced team
- Facilitated workshops by an experienced team
- Self-enquiry, breath work, cold exposure and other workshops themed around ‘The 4 Male Archetypes’
- All-inclusive residential retreatSpend time in nature in a group setting
- Initial 30 minute Zoom session with some of our team within 2 weeks of the retreat:
- All workshops
- Day 1 dinner – Arrival is at 1:30pm
- Day 2 breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Day 3 breakfast and lunch – Check out is at 5:30pm
- Accommodation in a bunkhouse – dormitory style
- 4×4 pick up at the meeting point outside The Hollow Log Country Retreat, 878 Mount Byron Road, Mount Byron, QLD 4312
- Zoom session with the other attendees and some of our team 1 week before the retreat.
- Reunion meet-up after the retreat, held at Gold Coast
- Invitation to join our ‘ongoing support community’
- Transfers to and from the meeting point at The Hollow Log Country Retreat – 878 Mount Byron Road, Mount Byron, QLD 4312 • Transfers to and from the meeting point at The Hollow Log Country Retreat – 878 Mount Byron Road, Mount Byron, QLD 4312
Who should come
- Your main goal is to gain insights and ‘self-awareness’ during workshops.
- You have a reasonable level of fitness so can walk up a flight of stairs without being out of breath. • You have a reasonable level of fitness so can walk up a flight of stairs without being out of breath.
- Not suitable for those with serious health conditions who require proximity to medical care as we will be in a wilderness environment at least 1 hour from emergency care.
- You identify as a man and you are comfortable sleeping on beds in a large dormitory style tent facility with other men.
- You are age 25 or older
This retreat has limited spaces for 14 participants.
If you have an existing men’s group it can be arranged as a private event for your group providing you have 10 or more attendees.
If you cannot afford this event please email us at the contact page.
These events are not about making a profit for us. We are more interested in helping people. So please reach out. We are able to provide a number of ‘assisted places’ for each of our events.